Straightening a Crooked Photo
Tuesday, May 7, 2019
Nothing is worse than taking a picture to only realize it came out crooked. You probably already know of how effective Photoshop’s crop tool can be for trimming undesired elements from your photo. Did you know you can use it to straighten a crooked image as well? Here’s how:
- Under the tools palette select the crop tool.
- After clicking, drag the cursor across the image you wish to use.
- Then move your mouse near a corner of the outside of the currently selected area. From there the cursor will turn into a double-sided arrow, connected by a curved line.
- Press and hold down the mouse button to rotate in whichever direction you move.
- Once you have rotated the photo to make up for the crookedness, you can release the mouse.
- Press Enter, or double click the selected area. Your image will now be cropped to your desire and appear straight.